Bplus.at-Forum

Bplus.at :: View topic - Bit Boy!!

Bit Boy!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
 
   Reply to topic    Bplus.at Forum Index -> Bit Boy!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Wiiloveit.com



Joined: 13 Dec 2008
Posts: 102

PostPosted: 05.07.2009 12:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case none of you have already seen my thoughts on Nintendo Life's review, I think it's really poorly done and very inaccurate. My thoughts are in their comments sections, but in case they get pulled, I'll copy a few of them here...

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG.
How long did you play this game for, Mister Adam Scott Clark?
First of all, you clearly don't understand the idea of the game. The idea is to aim for high scores, not play endlessly throughout the worlds, which by the sounds of things, you might have trouble with if the worlds were any longer anyway. This is what makes the game last longer than an hour and makes it so addictive.
Second, you don't seem to realise that the only world where you're not given attacks is the 4-Bit world, and every generation after that provides you with the basic attack function, which can be used for getting out of these so-called frustrating situations that you land yourself in. With the right skills and technique, you shouldn't find yourself in any situations worse than you would in Pac Man, which you seem to compare this game to (even though the gameplay is more different than it may seem at first glance).
Third, the idea of the dead-ends wasn't poor level design, they were clearly put there on purpose to test the player and make the gameplay require more thought that you may first think, and also make for some pretty humorous moments. Sure, on occasion it can seem unfair, but I wouldn't say that this means the levels are as poorly designed as you imply.
Fourth, you also seem to miss the fact that two players can play head-to-head in the warp mode, and haven't even completed warp mode again to notice the special turbo mode on offer, since you only mention the original bonus credits mode.
As for the difficulty, the 4-bit mode is pretty easy once you get a feel for what's going on, due to the small levels which don't require long to collect all the items required. Moving on to your comments regarding the 32-bit mode, the loading screen is actually skippable with the minus button, so once again, you are making unnecessary complaints.
Overall, a hugely disappointing review. Whilst this game might not have been amazing, it is certainly worth more than you give it credit for in your review, and I can't believe it has been so rushed. Did you even notice there was a second control scheme for retro fans to use the controller like a joystick? Hmm....

---

"I've said this before, but with an idea like this B+ could've finally redeemed themselves. Yet somehow, they managed to screw up a simple maze game. Pathetic."
Look, I can't say this enough, guys, this game is ace, and this review is wrong. Please can you all just stop assuming this game is rubbish based on the rating and review given here, without first playing it yourself, that's all I can say now, since it appears that none of you seem to care about what I have to say anyway. I'm very very tired, I've got an incredibly busy schedule, and I'm trying to stand up for what I believe is right, rather than just flaming something I haven't played, and if you're all just gonna look at me, and look at my history, rather than listen to what I actually have to say, then there's no helping you, I'm afraid.

---

Look, what I don't like about this review is how the facts are just wrong. You get attacks earlier on in the game than stated, you claim there's only one set of controls, and then say that there's nothing special once you've completed the game once, when there's the turbo warp mode to try out as well. You also claim that there is just co-op play, and no versus for the warp mode, which there is, and it's all these inaccuracies that got me angry, followed by the other people that started claiming I had been bribed etc to give the game a good look, without even accepting the points I had made, instead choosing to believe that what the reviewer claims happens in the game happens, even though he also claims he played it through in an hour, and it appears from what he has said that he hasn't played it for any more time, which in my opinion is unacceptable for a review, and clearly goes to show that this was just rushed out. I don't mind if people have given the game a fair try and didn't like it, but it's how the reviewer got so many points wrong, and are mis-informing their readers and people that may want to try out the game.




...and those are just a few of the things I said regarding everybody taking Nintendo Life's word for it, and claiming I'm only ranting about the game because I'm a Bplus fanboy etc, which is NOT TRUE. I stuck up for the game because the reviewer doesn't seem to have a clue about half the stuff the game offers, and that needed addressing. He even said he only played it for an hour! I was most angry about these inaccuracies over the actual opinion in the review, but you can expect my full thoughts on it later.
View user's profile Send private message
Blue Protoman



Joined: 19 Jun 2009
Posts: 149
Location: Long Island, NY

PostPosted: 05.07.2009 14:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone else feel like spamming NL for half-ass, inaccurate reviews?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Botsu



Joined: 26 Sep 2008
Posts: 68
Location: Tampa, FL

PostPosted: 05.07.2009 18:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shouldn't we all wait for it to come to the NA before condemning NintendoLife, I have to admit, I don't like them, I really don't. PLÄTTCHEN was incredibly underrated, the least it deserved was a 5. Also, the person with the Fanboy comment, they aren't. They have good reason and successfully backed it up. On the other hand, NL has a point with saying Bit Boy!! isn't for everyone, just badly conveyed. There's my 2 cents, flame me if you want.

Botsu/FroguinZX
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
NikeXTC



Joined: 11 Jun 2009
Posts: 15
Location: Rome, Italy

PostPosted: 06.07.2009 09:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEMON212 wrote:
NikeXTC wrote:
Blue Protoman wrote:
Guys, Nintendolife hates Bit Boy.


Are you crazy or what?

The review is very well done and you can't argue much on what's written there.

Man, I hoped this wasn't a place where fanboy were lurking around unzufriedenes Kirby


Unless of course, you've, well, actually played the game for yourself.


?

I played the game and agree on what's stated on the review. If you look through the comments there, several other people do.

It looks like you're saying that your opinion is right and who doesn't agree has a wrong opinion.
View user's profile Send private message
DEMON212



Joined: 24 Sep 2008
Posts: 119
Location: Sunderland, England.

PostPosted: 06.07.2009 09:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

NikeXTC wrote:

I played the game and agree on what's stated on the review. If you look through the comments there, several other people do.

It looks like you're saying that your opinion is right and who doesn't agree has a wrong opinion.


No I'm saying that you can't agree with a review that states that attacks don't come into the game until the 32 bit zone when they're present from 8 bit.

It's not an opinion thing, it's a factually wrong thing.

Incase I'm simply putting this the wrong way, I'll go into depth.

It's not the opinion or the score that matters, it's the amount of wrong things he's listed.

It'd be like reviewing Mario World and saying that you don't get Yoshi's until the forest, or that you can't attack at all until donut plains.

But the problem a lot of people have with it, is that he's posted up all of these WRONG things and then gave it a 5, and people obviously want a score change (Which isn't going to happen) because they feel that he rated it as low as a 5 because of all of these things that don't exist.

Has he even came out and admitted fault? Because hell, that'd make me happy enough.

Still give the game a 5, I don't care. But at least have the balls to admit that you're wrong.
View user's profile Send private message
DEMON212



Joined: 24 Sep 2008
Posts: 119
Location: Sunderland, England.

PostPosted: 06.07.2009 16:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Botsu wrote:
Shouldn't we all wait for it to come to the NA before condemning NintendoLife, I have to admit, I don't like them, I really don't. PLÄTTCHEN was incredibly underrated, the least it deserved was a 5. Also, the person with the Fanboy comment, they aren't. They have good reason and successfully backed it up. On the other hand, NL has a point with saying Bit Boy!! isn't for everyone, just badly conveyed. There's my 2 cents, flame me if you want.

Botsu/FroguinZX


I'm not condemning NL, I have no problem with NL. I also have no problem with the cheap unprovoked childish shots coming from some of their community posters.

I just have a problem with someone doing a review stating some incorrect things and then not having to balls to admit fault. Despite being proven to be wrong.

Everyone's allowed an opinion and not all are going to be the same. My problem comes from the people who've never played the game seeing a faulty review and then being turned away because of it.

Because while it's not for everyone, it's for some people.

I personally would give it a 6 or a 7 myself, because I think Niki and Plattchen are much better games because they're much longer and in Plattchen's case MUCH harder (Finding BB a bit easy). But I still had fun with BB and I had a laugh too.

But I also think that you can do a lot worse for 600 points and I know that there'll be some people who'll love it.
View user's profile Send private message
Bernd
Game Designer
bitboy.Bplus.at



Joined: 15 Sep 2008
Posts: 427
Location: Vienna

PostPosted: 07.07.2009 02:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you "fan boys" ;-) zwinkerndes Kirby
Of course we are all fan boys - a fan is a guy that likes something. I am also a big fan boy of our own games (sounds stupid, I know) because I love to have fun and - what shall I say - we would never release a game if it would not be FUN. And I am sure we are all boys over here right now ;-)

Especially many thanks to you Blue Protoman! WOW it is weird how much you know about Bit Boy!! without having it - so you could review it better than people who played the game
=) fröhliches Kirby
I think you read the BitBoy.Bplus.at website? ;-) zwinkerndes Kirby Great work.

But please DO NOT SPAM any websites! Do not SPAM NintendoLife! We are the good guys here and good guys do not spam any forums or websites! So please keep your guns in your pocket, Arnie
;-) zwinkerndes Kirby
Talking about 'Dead Ends' or 'Mid-Air-Control' (okay we all know that Niki is able to adjust his flight-speed with the transformation) just means that people are frustrated. Is it unfair that you may lose a life when some enemies may encage you? Maybe - but hay, one space ship and over 30 space invaders - is that fair? One plumber and 20 koopa troopas, is that fair? Pacman between 2 ghosts? Fair? Okay, Kubi is able to use attacks (as opposed to pacman) but in the end you are not playing good if you end in that situation. Practise and play better.
=) fröhliches Kirby
Like Blue Protoman may know (and I am sure he played the game many times just in his mind) TIMING and THINKING IN ADVANCE and of course GOOD REACTIONS are needed in Bit Boy!!. Games 30 years ago just did not have great hardware - it was very very simple game play but needed the player to react quickly and plan in advance what he has to do - if he wanted to win the game. Insert 1 coin into pacman or bubble bobble and you will see the GAME OVER screen before your wallet is back in our pocket ... ah yes... I remember.
lachendes Drop-Kirby
Dead ends... like all the time in Pacman when some ghosts are around you. In Bit Boy!! the variation in level design is as great as it can be. Instead of designing 100 levels that all look the same (Defend your castle, or 3? repeating all the time in Pacman) we considered to include 30(!!!!) complete different levels. Some of them do have some dead ends - hey - just do not play them if your brain runs too hot - instead play the WARP MODE. If there would be only 1 Level in Bit Boy!! which is ugly and not fun - you can throw the game away. But we really try to do everything right and put 30 levels into the game.
BitBoyKubi
Do you like every single level in Super Mario Galaxy? No. Every track in Mario Kart? Definitely NO. So what - yes I just play the tracks that I like most with my friends! You do not like the graphics in Bit Boy? Just select another style - because we put in 6 styles! SIX in WiiPoints: 100 Points per game! 5 Levels+HighScores+WARPMODE+TURBOCLASSIC+TURBOWARP for just 100 WiiPoints! A DSi MarioClock is not that entertaining I think!!!
BitBoyKubi
The point is - if you want to have fun - play the game. If you hate your reviewer job - do not play fun games. Maybe some reviewer just had to play sooo many games that they are frustrated - not playing for fun but just for WORK - doesn't sound nice to me
=/ enttäuschtes Kirby
We really...REALLY try to do our best! Yes you are all right - PLÄTTCHEN is TOO hard. You will get some cheats for that! Some thought 1500 WiiPoints for 100 hours of fun including 4 combinable Multiplayermodes is too much. We learned. Niki was easier! Some had problems with the style of Niki - or the control schemes and made it the cheapest possible amount of WiiPoints. We learned again. Now: Bit Boy!! 6 Worlds where not only every world but every single level has a complete different style - +Pad-Control and Joystick Control. Chiptune music. A RETRO game!!! RETRO for every age! Isn't that everyone wanted?
o.Ó schelmisches Kirby
Now - we fought for the 'PADING'-GameBoy sound on the game start. For the PukiPuki-Sound like you know it from original tetris and Super Mario Land including the hearts in 'PAUSE'. Complete Retro-Style Menus. GameBoy like Font and sounds. NES ColourPalettes, Playstation graphic issues and also loading times... Motion Controls and hundrets of graphics just for a 600 WiiPoints game. DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH WORK IT IS? It is the work of about 50 Bit.Trip games just in one! But hey, it is also only 90 Blocks in memory size for a quick download and needing nearly no space!
:'( weinendes Kirby
Is there anyone who appreciates all that? Yes of course! Nearly everyone who really played the game - tried out everything - played with a friend or just wants to relax and get the feeling of good old retro game play. Everyday I read from people who write me how much fun Bit Boy is... that it is great fun... and that Kubi is sooo sweet. Yes, even girls love Bit Boy!!. The problem - some reviewers just think "Hey, it is Bplus? Writing a scorcher will be good fun. It is so easy." - if you want to bash a game - you will find reasons - if you search long enough!
X( Kirby k. o.
In the end what happens is, that no one buys the game. We are two (sometimes 3) guys who do their best all the time to create fun games. We do not have any money. We are just living for our work just to see people having fun while playing our games! We cannot do much advertisements. We cannot fly to any expo to talk with press. We just can hope, that some players will have fun and tell anyone else. That is why we really love our fans. If there wasn't a DEMON212, Bplus would have been shut down just weeks after PLÄTTCHEN was released.
:| Hm-Kirby
In the end we were lucky to get a good reviewer called Sean McDermott (alias Shortay) at NintendoLife who really played Niki - Rock 'n' Ball. And THAT REVIEW is the reason why Bplus is still here! That and because Nintendo of Europe made it possible to release our game at christmas in Europe.

Now... BitBoyKubi
No Christmas but a lot of piracy and bad review scores. Let us all countdown the days...
View user's profile Send private message
Blue Protoman



Joined: 19 Jun 2009
Posts: 149
Location: Long Island, NY

PostPosted: 07.07.2009 03:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. A fanboy is not just a fan of something who's a boy, but rather, they're incredibly hardcore about it. There are several signs, but only the following is necessary. If this statement describes your opinion on something, you are a fanboy;
"[Game/series/whatever] is awesome and anyone who says otherwise must burn in hell!"

2. Yes, I did read the site. Whenever I greatly anticipate a game, I look it up a lot. You should've seen me a year and a half ago with Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

3. No spam? Madness!

4. To truly understand a game, you need to know how to play it, as with many games before the Wii. Nowadays, there are four types of games; waggle heavy, first-person shooters, adaptions of board/puzzle/card games, and (my favorite) Other, which is where Bit Boy goes. Before this generation, there were two types; deceptively simple games, or Learn-it-or-go-home games, with the latter more common. Some reviewers seem to be incapable of grasping this concept.

5. I applaud you, Bplus. Even in the face of low sales and bad reviews, you still keep going. Takes a lot of dedication and love of what you do for that.

6. The third guy comes in "sometimes"? What do you mean?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
KaiserGX



Joined: 14 Jun 2009
Posts: 77
Location: Somerton, Arizona

PostPosted: 07.07.2009 05:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thing is though if they don't make enough sales they will be out of business. :( trauriges Kirby
View user's profile Send private message
NikeXTC



Joined: 11 Jun 2009
Posts: 15
Location: Rome, Italy

PostPosted: 07.07.2009 10:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEMON212 wrote:
NikeXTC wrote:

I played the game and agree on what's stated on the review. If you look through the comments there, several other people do.

It looks like you're saying that your opinion is right and who doesn't agree has a wrong opinion.


No I'm saying that you can't agree with a review that states that attacks don't come into the game until the 32 bit zone when they're present from 8 bit.

It's not an opinion thing, it's a factually wrong thing.

[cut]


That's a wrong fact, it's undeniable. And there are a few more flaws like that in the review. But the main fact is: those are details!

You're not focusing on the "core" of the review, which criticizes the whole gameplay for several reasons I, and many others reading the comments on NL, share. I don't think that a reader may decide to not buy Bit Boy!! because attacks become available at fourth level instead of second level. On the contrary, a reader may decide to not buy Bit Boy!! if gameplay is considered shabby. If gameplay wasn't shabby and it was stated so in the review, then this would make that a bad review, or a not reliable one.



WiiBoy wrote:
Talking about 'Dead Ends' or 'Mid-Air-Control' (okay we all know that Niki is able to adjust his flight-speed with the transformation) just means that people are frustrated. Is it unfair that you may lose a life when some enemies may encage you? Maybe - but hay, one space ship and over 30 space invaders - is that fair? One plumber and 20 koopa troopas, is that fair? Pacman between 2 ghosts? Fair? Okay, Kubi is able to use attacks (as opposed to pacman) but in the end you are not playing good if you end in that situation. Practise and play better.


Uhm... There are several degrees of "fairness". To make an exemple, in Pac-Man you had open mazes, you could always run away from a ghost. Of course another ghost could trap you if coming from the other end of the corridor, but you had time to check ghosts' position and think at the best route to take in order to not risk your life... Or try an hazard and do it anyway. Number of enemies, maze shape and size was balanced well, and this balancing work didn't get players frustrated.

Bit Boy!! fails in this aspect, for me. Monsters tend to flow out too quickly in certain levels, and getting Kubi's friends in dead ends really becomes a matter of luck, rather than skill. Also, monsters move casually (at least, that's my impression), so you have no clues on what strategy may be the best one...

It's the balancing work I mentioned above that didn't work.

WiiBoy wrote:
We really...REALLY try to do our best!


That's undeniable, and it appears from the game. If you go take a look at the review and comments, you'll see that the general consensus is something like: "Good concept, some nice ideas, but an overall bad realization". I agree with that, I downloaded Bit Boy!! without having played your previous games and knowing that they had generally bad reviews. But I looked at the trailers, the game concept and it looked like a nice game. I can't deny I was disappointed, but still I see several little gems in this game. And having kept playing for a while made me reconsider it a little bit and have a less terrible opinion of it.

To put down to numbers, at first glance I'd given it a 2/10. As I finished the Classic Mode and played a bit, it rose to 3/10. After having played a while Warp Mode, it became 4/10. I know, low marks, but I was misleaded by the very first impact of the game.

You guys have talent, you just need to refine it in terms of Game Design, imho
View user's profile Send private message
Wiiloveit.com



Joined: 13 Dec 2008
Posts: 102

PostPosted: 07.07.2009 12:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW: That was one huge post, WiiBoy! It's great to hear how much you care for your projects, which is really good, although I think saying that Bit Boy!! had about 50 times the work in of Bit.Trip is going a bit too far. Still, I hope Bit Boy!! does well for you, and might I add to your little list at the bottom, that if it wasn't for me, the planet wouldn't even exist (long story), so you owe me as well.

Also: great to hear there are cheat codes in Plattchen, since that game was a bit too hard for me! Do you have cheats for any of your other games as well?
View user's profile Send private message
Bernd
Game Designer
bitboy.Bplus.at



Joined: 15 Sep 2008
Posts: 427
Location: Vienna

PostPosted: 07.07.2009 12:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

NikeXTC wrote:
Uhm... There are several degrees of "fairness". To make an exemple, in Pac-Man you had open mazes, you could always run away from a ghost. Of course another ghost could trap you if coming from the other end of the corridor, but you had time to check ghosts' position and think at the best route to take in order to not risk your life... Or try an hazard and do it anyway.


Maybe you never played Bit Boy!! but you set yourself CHECKMATE! Instead of just 'saying what other say' you should first think if it is silly or not! Look at the great scores CMS got and his Videos and you will see, that it is nothing random. He plays really good! Kubi has those attacks you know - and you really do not need them at all if you are a master in the game - thinking in advance what you have to do. In PacMan there just was one level all people had to play most and so they just can talk about that - play one level in Bit Boy!! as long and you will learn which routes the monsters take, how they react and you can still think in advance and balance between: losing a life but kill all the enemies (they disappear) or use an attack when some monsters are around you. In the end you NEED to kill monsters and also by kamikaze yourself!
;-) zwinkerndes Kirby
Talking about Bit Boy!! without understanding the game is not fair in my opinion. And not understanding a game which is as simple (but with depth in tactics) as Bit Boy!! is means that you did not play it enough - maybe just rushed through the end by thinking that THAT is the main aim of the game. So - why are you arguing with things that are NOT TRUE instead of telling us facts? It is - because if you would really know, really play the game - you will have much fun!
BitBoyKubi
Do it NikeKTC! Play the game and try to beat CMS' scores! You are not welcome in just writing things that are just not true! Again has to be said: There are many Levels in Bit Boy!! without dead ends (if that would be really the bad thing) but you just want to bash and that is just NOT FAIR! Read again my post I did before because maybe you did not read or you did not understand it. If you do not want to be fair please leave the forums! So - play the game and we try it again - but with facts!
BitBoyKubi
I got many many responses about Bit Boy!! and we tested it a lot! No one - NO ONE really NO ONE ever had the idea that there are too many monsters or that dead ends (where you can hide from monsters) are bad - because that are just things you say if you do not want to like the game and just want to say anything. Play it without thinking too much what other people say - play it because it is fun - and you will see there is much fun in it!
BitBoyKubi
In the end it has to be said - our games delifer NEW experiences. If you just want a PacMan - PLAY PACMAN. Bit Boy!! is not PACMAN and shall not be PACMAN and cannot be cmpared to it because it plays different - you do not know that yet? - it is a NEW experience - and as Blue Protoman said - there is just not only PacMan (it was the first). There are many games with dead ends and tons of monsters, sometimes with a gun and they were hit games and much fun! So do not be sooo lazy with that kind of arguing. Because if you are here to tell us what you feel then you are totally welcome. But just this kind of trying to say what others said even if it is not fact in Bit Boy!! because you do not want to enjoy the game is not fair and still never okay! If you do not enjoy Bit Boy!! play it again - just play one level or generation for hours and find out why you do not have fun. There are just too many people outside there who wrote to me and told me how great the level design is and how thrilling the long corridor in that 32-Bit level is and that that is sooo great fun!

If Bit Boy!! really is still to hard for you after playing more, I cannot help, sorry. We put in CONTINUE now and a girl I know was also able to play all generations without whining about anything - she LOVES the game - and she is not the best player I know. Oh, and she really loves and enjoy the TURBO MODES. Maybe they are better for you? Play them!
View user's profile Send private message
DEMON212



Joined: 24 Sep 2008
Posts: 119
Location: Sunderland, England.

PostPosted: 07.07.2009 14:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

NikeXTC wrote:


That's a wrong fact, it's undeniable. And there are a few more flaws like that in the review. But the main fact is: those are details!

You're not focusing on the "core" of the review, which criticizes the whole gameplay for several reasons I, and many others reading the comments on NL, share. I don't think that a reader may decide to not buy Bit Boy!! because attacks become available at fourth level instead of second level. On the contrary, a reader may decide to not buy Bit Boy!! if gameplay is considered shabby. If gameplay wasn't shabby and it was stated so in the review, then this would make that a bad review, or a not reliable one.


Yeah, and that's something that I've never once had a go at. Not once, at all, in the slightest. Re-read my posts if you have to. I never once complained about the score or his opinion or anything, I complained about the "wrong" things and those alone.

I don't care about the review, I care about the reviewers humanity and all I'd like would be for him to come out and say "I messed up, my bad" that's it.

Is that really asking too much?

Wiiboy, good solid defence :)

Wiiloveit.

I tried to post last night but can't make new posts, so I'll say it here.

About Bit Boy selling well, while I don't know sales or anything, it's hit 13th in the top 20 U.K and Niki only reached 18th I believe. So fingers crossed that it's doing well :D lachendes Kirby
View user's profile Send private message
Blue Protoman



Joined: 19 Jun 2009
Posts: 149
Location: Long Island, NY

PostPosted: 07.07.2009 14:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

KaiserGX wrote:
Thing is though if they don't make enough sales they will be out of business. :( trauriges Kirby


I'll convince people to buy Bplus games as soon as GameCenter CX 2 is localized. B+ seems to be doing decently enough, for now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Bernd
Game Designer
bitboy.Bplus.at



Joined: 15 Sep 2008
Posts: 427
Location: Vienna

PostPosted: 07.07.2009 16:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Blue Protoman and thank you DEMON212 and Wiiloveit. All in all we are a bit dissappointed about the score NintendoLife gave us (7 is a lucky number ;-) zwinkerndes Kirby ) but I found that the Review was professional, very well written and perfectly reflected the opinion Adam had about the game. I totally respect that and think that the score was fair. Adam did a good job.
B) cooles Kirby
Just look at at the sad review of Wiisworld.com and many other reviews on other sites which just are much too short - like the Niki - Rock 'n' Ball Review of IGN where the Reviewer never reached world two. That is sad. So let's wait what IGN thinks about the game. Hopefully the reviewer will enjoy Bit Boy!! much more.
o.Ó schelmisches Kirby
So let us talk about the great things in Bit Boy!! here so that people who may not enjoy it that much now will recognise some things they haven't seen in the game. It is similar to a song you have to hear more often and then hear some instruments or sounds that make it really funky. Let us try to communicate the 'funky' things in Bit Boy!! so that everyone has fun with it.
BitBoyKubi
That is what we are all about, right? FUN!
it's fun to play
=) fröhliches Kirby
View user's profile Send private message
DEMON212



Joined: 24 Sep 2008
Posts: 119
Location: Sunderland, England.

PostPosted: 07.07.2009 16:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, other than the faults it was well written and I could see where he was coming from and why he didn't enjoy it.

BTW, 7, nice XD

Well the things I like about it are mainly in 128. Because it has the good parts of the other era's and then adds to it.

I'd love to see a sequel done with bigger mazes, more enemies, powerups and some cool extras. I really think you could exspand and now do a futuristic Bit Boy. So that then we'd have a Bit Boy for all era's :D lachendes Kirby
View user's profile Send private message
Bernd
Game Designer
bitboy.Bplus.at



Joined: 15 Sep 2008
Posts: 427
Location: Vienna

PostPosted: 07.07.2009 17:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice idea ;-)

The Blast Magazine did an interview with us about Bit Boy!! and more. There are some interesting questions so do not miss it:

http://blastmagazine.com/the-magazine/gaming/gaming-news/2009/07/blast-interviews-bplus/

Nice nice =) fröhliches Kirby
View user's profile Send private message
NikeXTC



Joined: 11 Jun 2009
Posts: 15
Location: Rome, Italy

PostPosted: 07.07.2009 18:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm starting to think that you're pretty silly, guys. Can't you accept critics or what? If people doesn't like your games, then they're automatically wrong? Damn, I hoped this was a place where I could share some opinions with developpers in a civil manner, but it doesn't look like it's possible.

First off: I played the game, for several hours. I downloaded a few hours after it was put on Wii Shop Channel. Since I had to make a review for an Italian site, I spent the whole week-end playing the game. I did exactly what you said: playing for High Scores, once I completed all the levels.

I came up with MY opinions and MY conclusion about the quality of the game. Then, NL published their review, and I could see I shared their opinion. And same did a lot of other persons.

Now, if you keep refusing listening what players (who BUY your games) think of your games, then you're going nowhere. People complains of dead-ends and unfair difficulty level, as well as a general bad Game Design. Still, people liked several things about this game. You should try and understand what they did not like, instead of trying to convince them of YOUR view of the game.

Wanna ban me from the forum? Do as you please, I'm here just to share opinions, but it looks like someone can't have their own opinions if they're different from what you expect them to be.

Over and out.
View user's profile Send private message
KaiserGX



Joined: 14 Jun 2009
Posts: 77
Location: Somerton, Arizona

PostPosted: 07.07.2009 19:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nike don't act like that. Were not mad at the actual reviews, just some inaccuracies. Though I personally don't care about reviews anymore. There's plenty of games that got a bad review that I still enjoyed. Besides 5 isn't bad, it means average. People tend to forget there's a meaning behing each letter grade.

As for dead ends, after seeing CMC high score's I think you should be able to figure out in advance when a monster might get you. I also remember Wiiboy saying monsters only turn at 90 degrees and never 180 so it's safe to follow them. Also isn't it more fun trying to be an agent? Knowing whether or not a monster will turn your way? It's suspense! You don't want it 100% predictable do you? What's the fun in that? There's a chance they'll get you, there's a chance they won't... that seems fair. Besides a suicide attack makes for a great score aswell!


Last edited by KaiserGX on 07.07.2009 19:38; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message
Bernd
Game Designer
bitboy.Bplus.at



Joined: 15 Sep 2008
Posts: 427
Location: Vienna

PostPosted: 07.07.2009 19:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course we are one of the companies that mostly hear what players say! That is why our games are like they are! Bit Boy!! is so because people wanted it. And now, from all the opinions I heared there are just 10% of people who disliked the game - mostly reviewers of magazines while sooo many players are still telling me that Bit Boy!! is great fun!

We are open for thoughts all the time, but your opinion is to make Bit Boy!! to PACMAN (or did I understand anything wrong?) - and that is not constructive in my opinion. We are always very open for constructive proposals - but just saying kind of "it is not fun because it is not pacman" is not much of a help. There are different plans for successors and we will open specific threads once the time has come. So if there will be a lot of people that just talk about dead ends (which are just in some levels!) we will hear on that. Right now there are much more people that really love the variation of the Level design. Maybe there is someone here who has tips for NikeXTC how he can use the dead ends to his own advantage?

Why are there dead ends in some levels?
There are just a few Kubis to rescue in every level (instead of PacMan where you have to visit ALL PLACES in a level) so you can decide where you want to go. Kubi's friends are helpless so they try to hide in places the monsters cannot find them. The monsters are not that bright (but following their path) so they may visit most of the dead ends when they search for Kubi! There are many monsters in a level so that is for your advantage. The same with the long corridor seen in one or two levels. You can decide when you want to go there and also use attacks if you need to or want to make score. Again, monsters will look at those corridors so the player is save from them for some seconds. If there are more monsters hunting you from different sides you may want just to hide - but your adrenalin may show strong heartbeats on the upcoming Vitality Sensor
;-) zwinkerndes Kirby
Corridors and dead ends are here for hiding and for difficulty too. You just need the right tactics for every level so you can play every single level really long until you get the feeling of it. The same with some Kubis who are in the near of the Monster's Station. Just crab them at the beginning so you must not fight against them later. Tactics and timing. Right now I am not sure why you are against tactics and timing of this kind... (most people love it - tell me what dissappoints you about that)

Please let me read your review on the italian magazine. (you can also send me the link in a message) I am very interested in reading it. Maybe then I will understand better what you mean.
View user's profile Send private message
Wiiloveit.com



Joined: 13 Dec 2008
Posts: 102

PostPosted: 07.07.2009 21:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to ruin the flow here, but my review will be up soon.

In the meantime, if you don't already own the game, or live in America, you can enter my competition over on Wiiloveit.com to WIN the game for free!

http://www.wiiloveit.com/announcements/competitionwinbitboyforwiiware

Just look for the different coloured Kubi's across the 'site, and enter extra times for each one you find! The competition closes in... 23 hours, so hurry!


Oh, and I nearly forgot:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BPLUS!
View user's profile Send private message
Bernd
Game Designer
bitboy.Bplus.at



Joined: 15 Sep 2008
Posts: 427
Location: Vienna

PostPosted: 07.07.2009 21:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANK YOU Wiiloveit!

How did you know? ;-) zwinkerndes Kirby Yes it is the 6th birthday for Bplus =) fröhliches Kirby
But with some sad fans and bad ratings out there we are no in the mood for celebrating that much. Let us look forward to the 7th year which starts now
=) fröhliches Kirby
I love the lucky number 7 =) fröhliches Kirby
View user's profile Send private message
Wiiloveit.com



Joined: 13 Dec 2008
Posts: 102

PostPosted: 07.07.2009 21:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew because I'm a psychic! WoOoOoOoO!
View user's profile Send private message
KaiserGX



Joined: 14 Jun 2009
Posts: 77
Location: Somerton, Arizona

PostPosted: 08.07.2009 02:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES! I found all 3! I can't copy & paste URL's but I put the title. I hope I win! How many entered so far?
View user's profile Send private message
Wiiloveit.com



Joined: 13 Dec 2008
Posts: 102

PostPosted: 08.07.2009 08:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

KaiserGX wrote:
YES! I found all 3! I can't copy & paste URL's but I put the title. I hope I win! How many entered so far?

One hundred thousand. Good luck!
View user's profile Send private message
NikeXTC



Joined: 11 Jun 2009
Posts: 15
Location: Rome, Italy

PostPosted: 08.07.2009 10:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhm no, I don't want a Pac-Man clone. I can play Pac-Man CE on the 360 or one of the many free clone in flash on the Internet if I wanted that. I just took Pac-Man as an example to make a comparison about game and level design; I choosed Pac-Man just because the general purpose of these two games are similar. Not identical, and that's good otherwise you'd have created a totally useless game.

About the review, it's in Italian (obviously) and it's here: http://www.wingsofmagic.it/bit-boy-da-4-a-128-bit-in-un-solo-gioco/
View user's profile Send private message
DEMON212



Joined: 24 Sep 2008
Posts: 119
Location: Sunderland, England.

PostPosted: 08.07.2009 13:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wiiloveit.com wrote:
KaiserGX wrote:
YES! I found all 3! I can't copy & paste URL's but I put the title. I hope I win! How many entered so far?

One hundred thousand. Good luck!


WOW!
You got 100,000 people entering?
Hopefully when 99,999 of them lose they'll go out and buy it instead, lol.
Kaiser, good post mate, totally agreed :) lächelndes Kirby
View user's profile Send private message
KaiserGX



Joined: 14 Jun 2009
Posts: 77
Location: Somerton, Arizona

PostPosted: 08.07.2009 19:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

My chances of winning are lower than I thought. :( trauriges Kirby

Why do people keep saying, "There's better ways of spending 600 points". God forgive me but, I don't think Art Style was that great (except maybe Orbient IMO but I know DEMON212 will disagree with me) and I find Bit. Trip. Beat. WAY too hard. So in my situation there really isn't.

I wanted by buy Water Warfare, someone told me there was better ways to spend 800 points. With all those classic SNES VC games I'm sure there are but I want to try out Water Warfare!
View user's profile Send private message
Shadowpower



Joined: 06 Jul 2009
Posts: 25

PostPosted: 08.07.2009 23:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

irres Kirby NintendoLife

That's pretty much all I have to say.

Going to NintendoLife to get quality reviews is like going to McDonalds to get world class cuisine.

NintendoLife didn't get popular by providing consumers with honest reviews.

Nope. They got popular by doing stuff that even mentioning it would probably get me banned on this forum :D lachendes Kirby
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
   Reply to topic    Bplus.at Forum Index -> Bit Boy!! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 4 of 12

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Copyright © 2011 Bplus


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group